Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankful



Just a few of the things I am thankful for as we head into a season full of blessings:  

T-  Tables at my in-laws' house loaded with delicious food with family all seated around it, feasting, talking, and laughing.  

H-  My husband, Mark.  He is my best friend, a wonderful husband, and a loving father to all of his kids.  He has a true servant's heart and always looks for ways to lighten my load.  He even makes me coffee every morning, even though he doesn't drink it himself.  I have always loved watching him play with the various nieces, nephews, and special kids in our life, but it is such joy to see him romping and cuddling with Anna Kathryn... and to hear her giggle and chortle as they play.  I am so glad to be married to such a great guy.  


A-  Having Anna Kathryn home with us to celebrate her first Thanksgiving Day (she was a big fan of the olives and sweet potatoes.  Turkey and pretzel jello, not so much.  Which is a shame, because pretzel jello is a little bit of heaven on a plate.)

N-  Friends and family, near or far.  I am blessed to have so many loved ones! 

K-  Kisses-- drooly but oh so sweet from my baby girl.  

F-  New friends from our travel group to China... we got to visit with the McBeath family on our way north and spent a much-too-short couple of hours sharing dinner and catching up on all that our families have experienced in the past 2 months since coming home with our girls. Leila is so cute and growing so big!  They are a wonderful family and we are thankful for the time we had together.   I wish we could see all of our travel buddies again someday!


U-  Um, I'm struggling a bit with the "u."  So this one is kinda out of the pattern.  But despite the fact that I am having a really, really hard time with sending my baby to day care (a wonderful day care, but still...) and going back to work full time, I am very thankful to have a job to return to.  A job I enjoy, and have dreamed of doing for many years.  A job where I work with so many really nice folks.  In this tough economic climate, this is definitely something to be thankful for.  

L-  Love and grace, undeserved yet unconditional, from my Heavenly Father.

I realize that this is a bit on the cheesy side, but I saw the idea on one of my favorite blogs, and liked it so much I decided to "blog-lift" her idea!  Plus, I have never been one to back away from anything cheesy, be it a movie, a song, or a Velveeta-laden side dish.   Hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

  

3 comments:

Allison said...

You will be okay. AK will be okay. I promise!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Aaaaw, thanks for the "lift." They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

Love the pics - she's so cute :)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Drooly kisses are the best, aren't they? It makes most everything fade to the background. Hugs to you during this Thanksgiving season!