Friday, September 26, 2008

Leaving China for Home

We leave tomorrow morning at 7 AM (China Time) for the airport to fly home to North Carolina.  28 hours later (if my time zone math is correct), we will land in Charlotte-- home at last with our baby girl.  

The last 2 days have been eventful.  Thursday was, for me, a little blah.  I think I was just in a "ready to be going home" state of mind, and still dealing with a little adjustment to parenthood.  Today was great and very busy, so I really have not had time to do a final post about our last 2 days here.  That will have to wait until we get home.  But, we attended the swearing in ceremony at the U.S. Consulate, along with about 100 other families, and we got our Big Brown Envelope with Anna Kathryn's visa and immigration documents.  We have been warned not to open it, or we may be stranded in the airport, a family without a country forever.  Or something.  I kinda feel like we are carrying Kryptonite in our carry on luggage. 

So, we need to be up in about 6 hours, so I need to cut this short.  Thanks to all who followed our journey to Anna Kathryn in China!  I hope the return jet lag allows me to do the last post of our trip soon!

11 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

I am so happy y'all are headed home soon. Remember -- the flight only lasts a day! I'll pray for smooth, safe and relatively calm travels.

Anonymous said...

Hurry home! I hope the flight goes well!
Leslie

Kristi said...

Happy travels!

Cyndi said...

Kim and Mark,

I hven't gotten to catch up since "Gotcha Day" but I wanted to tell you that I am soooo happy for you. She is beautiful and you can see her comfort in her HUGE smiles. I had tears in my eyes the whole time I've been reading. Can't wait for you to be home so we can all meet her personally. Take care and have a safe trip home.

Love, Cyndi

Joni said...

Praise God, coming home day has finally arrived. It will be a long flight but hopefully AK will sleep most of the way and you two and do the same and time will speed by. I know your entire family cannot wait to get their hands on your beautiful Anna Kathryn. So you will be back on USA soil and you can start to "relax" and begin the rest of your life. God speed. Safe trip.

JB Williams said...

Have a safe trip home. Now that you have joined the world of blogger you can't quit! I can't get enough of AK's smiles....

Jen Williams

Sonja said...

Wishing you a safe and pleasant trip home with your new baby girl. I look forward to hearing more of your "wonderful" accounts of the trip to AnnaKathryn.

God Bless and Keep Safe

Anonymous said...

Hooray...headed for home! We'll pray that the flight goes smoothly and you can arrive home safely! God bless all three of you!!

~Bill and Rachel

Anonymous said...

I know you are back stateside now-we are praising God daily for His miraculous ways of building families-may she grow in His love daily, just as she has grown in your hearts since you first saw her picture-can't wait to see her-Linda

Anonymous said...

You must continue blogging. I need an AK fix- and fast. Wake up from your jet lag, tear yourself away from the fam and post some pics! Please.
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Well I know things are busy at home...but some pics would be great! Oh and an update about how things are going...

Emily